Do you remember your childhood Christmas gifts? Do you feel nostalgic about them? I certainly do. Take my grandparents’ gifts. They were always predictable :). My grandparents lived in a village nearby, had a big farm with cows, hens, and sheep, and so the gifts they gave were always something produced in the farm. Usually, wool – wool socks, wool gloves, wool coat or even felt wool doll. I remember we – me and my sister – felt a bit annoyed at those repetitive and not-from-the-shop gifts. Today we probably would think differently 🙂
Having these memories and seeing this Christmas hype everywhere, I just thought – what wool gifts are there today, what I would give to my family and friends if I decided wool is the theme of this year’s holidays.
So here they are – cute, stylish, practical gifts made of wool yarn, felt wool, or cotton wool mix. I found them in wool shops I love and visit frequently. Enjoy!
3 wool gifts for home and you (from Toast):
– Wool blanket of stylish design.
– Women wool socks, knee high or regular.
– Wool felt slippers from toast.co.uk. Aren’t they gorgeous? Add a wool scarf or wool socks!
3 wool gifts for her (from Jigsaw):
– Merino wool dress . Match wool scarf or wool beret to make a luxurious set.
– Alpaca wool scarf – cable knit, oversized.
– Super stylish soft tweed wool coat. Tweed is woven in one of the finest Italian wool mill.
2 wool gifts for kids (from Not On The High Street):
– Handmade unique wool teds with personalities of their own.
– Handcrafted hair bands for little girls made of felted wool.
Apart from being a beautiful, useful and durable, wool gift also communicate your warm feelings toward the recipient. Let’s share our warmth!